Importance of High-Quality Paint
When you hire professional painters for your exterior or interior house painting project, you can’t go wrong. However, your paint quality is just as crucial for beautiful and long-lasting paint jobs. Even if you are an expert painter and apply the paint correctly, cheap paint will not benefit your home. Knowing the difference between high-quality and low-quality paints for your home is essential and will save you time and money in the long term.
Disadvantages of Cheap Paint
You want the best home renovation deals when investing in your home. Unfortunately, you won’t get the best deal if you choose a cheaper paint than one of higher quality. Those cheap paint cans may seem affordable, but there are hidden costs.
- Use more products. Low-quality paint may save you money initially, but you’ll find that it requires more than one to two coats, meaning you will have to buy more paint for your painting project.
- Less durable. You will notice the difference in quality paint after only a few years. Low-quality paints are less long-lasting and won’t last as long as higher-quality paints. You will spend more on a renovation if you choose cheap paint.
Advantages of High-Quality Paint
High-quality paints are made with ingredients allowing a smoother and more lasting application. You will reap the benefits of choosing a high-end color to finish your interior or exterior projects.
- Long-lasting. A high-quality paint will last for years without the need to redecorate every year, especially in high-traffic areas like entryways, kitchens, bathrooms, and exteriors. Quality paint will last longer because it is resistant to regular wear and can withstand all environmental conditions.
- Fewer coats. Paints of high quality offer greater pigmentation than paints of lower quality. The purer and smaller the pigments are, the better. Good pigmentation is essential as it provides greater coverage, color, and depth to your painting job. These pigments allow the paint to cover any imperfections or previous colors easily. Lower-quality paints are more likely to have higher pigment levels, but more doesn’t always mean better. These pigments only increase the paint’s volume, not enhance color or coverage, and thus require more coats than high-quality paints.
- Increased durability. All house paints contain binders (or resins), but only high-quality paints use the best. These resins ensure the product sticks to all surfaces. They also protect the paint from peeling, cracking, blistering, scuffing, fading, mold, and mildew.
- Protect your home. Paints of lower quality may not offer these additional benefits, which could lead to a poor paint job. Low-quality paints may last just one year, while higher-quality repaints will protect your home for up to 15 years.
Trust Your Local Painting Experts
When it comes to painting your house, quality paint is essential. At Stanford Painting., we know the importance of using high-quality paints. We offer a high-quality two-coat paint finish that creates lasting results with our exclusive nine-step process.
If you’re looking for a trusted company to complete your next paint job, call the experts at 650-321-9302, or visit our website to learn more about our services.